Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ms Faith

One Sunday church service, a lady in front of me caught my attention. She was sitting beside her two sons. Throughout the praise and worship, she was holding hands with one of her two boys while singing, maybe if her other son sat on her other side, I think she would also hold hands with him. When the offering time came, she discreetly gave her boys money to give as the love offering bag passed by them. And during the preaching, although paying well attention to the sermon, she made sure her boys were sitted behavely.

The lady reminded me of my mom, she diligently brought me and my siblings to church every Sunday and wanted us to love going to church. We know (even my late dad too) that our mom doesn't like being late, she doesn't want to see us crabby getting ready for church--we must clean up our act before going out of the house. Any negativity is a No No for her. On our way to church she gives us our baons then our love offering. We know Sundays make her excited, she prepares the clothes that we will wear the night before then she wakes up early--you can just tell that going to church makes her happy. It is like she's being recharged after a very action-packed week.

Recently, she became my seat mate at church. We worship together, take down notes, share insights during preaching and even giggle when one of us can relate to the examples given by our pastor.

Let me tell you my mom's admirable traits:

We are familiar with "mother's intuition" but with my mom, her discernment is remarkable. She would know if any of us--her children are going through something and even if we don't tell her yet she knows what it is. But no matter what happens she always responds in love and gentleness.  Yes she is a gentle woman--you won't hear her nag or raise her voice. I know she thinks a lot before reacting to situations that's why in most instances she remains quiet and collected.


She is a giver, she is an example of being a channel of blessings. When she is blessed materially/financially, that blessing doesn't stay long in her hands. It is her joy to share it with others even if nothing is left for her. She always put others before herself--she is never selfish. And we have witnessed how God has provided for her.

Another admirable trait of her is that when asked for an advice she always gives the wisest ever. She will give words of comfort and encouragement but her bottom line will always be: pray, find quiet time or spend more quiet time, search God's will, do not take matters in your own hands, be still and wait patiently for God's answers, soak yourself in God's presence.

I believe her faith in God is unshakeable. She went (and is still going) through a lot, but boy you won't see her complain about anything. You won't hear any negativity coming out of her mouth, when tempted she would remain quiet or just cry. Not sobbing cry but crying out to God in prayer.

Another admirable trait of her is that she is very PRAYERFUL. Her day starts and ends with a prayer. When faced with a problem, she will just be calm and soak herself in God's presence through prayer. If asked what is her favorite verse, she would answer Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God" this became her life verse. That's why I think she really deserved the title Ms FAITH. 


Happy Birthday to my Angel:)

Through her, I've learned that in everything I do, God is my foremost priority. That God is faithful, His timing is always perfect, and He is good all the time.

Nay, thanks for being my best friend, for being there for me no matter what. Thank you for always reminding me that life is not about me but it is how I should love and obey God with all of my heart.  Mom, I always tell you this but I really think you're an angel--you are heaven sent! I am blessed to have you as my mommy. I love you sooo much!

1 comment: