Friday, May 20, 2011

Momma's Day




This year's Mother's day my husband surprised me with a sweet slideshow. We were watching it together and as the video started playing, I kept on asking him what soundtrack he used because I could barely hear it. When the music became familiar, I had to hit the pause button just to give him the "No you can't make me go teary eyed but yeah Im about to give in" look. And so I was ballin' the whole time we we're watching it. Why? First, I love Stuff We Did by Michael Giacchino (UP Soundtrack), and some other songs from the album. Its one of those songs I listen to when I'm stressed out and sometimes Bok would even play it on the piano just to relieve me from my stress.


Second, seeing those photos made me think back on all my mommyhood moments. From pregnancy, which I had to say I am still not ready to experience again (ugh the nausea, cramps, over the top mood swings--my family said I went kukoo when I was preggos haha!) to Kady's first day with us; those sleepless nights,tiring days, etc. And of course, those happy moments: our playtime, Kady's milestones (which makes me one-proud-momma); our moments when we understood each other without saying a word. Oh there are lots of things to share and they are countless.
What my mom said was true, being a mom is a tough job but it is indeed fulfilling. I know I have more years ahead to gain experience in being a mom, most of the time I feel discouraged and not confident in doing my role but I always lift everything to God to help me in making the right calls in my wifey-mommy duties. I continually remind myself that I am weak and I must become dependent on God ALWAYS.


Never have I imagined that I would love doing household chores and enjoy taking care of my husband and daughter, it's such JOY and it has become my passion:) Allow me to share what I've read in Pam Farrel's book, Woman of Influence: "The seed of passion is planted in our lives by God. Passion is not something we have to go in search of. We need to search for God. When we seek to be intimately connected with Him, He will use the desires of our heart, the circumstances of our life, and His confirming Word to solidify and reveal the passion...Passion is something you can't walk away from, because it is a part of you. I believe God places a calling on each of our lives."

I remember posting this on Twitter.




With all of these, I was reminded of Proverbs 31:10-31 and how I wanted to make this as my goal:


10-31 A good woman is hard to find, 
and worth far more than diamonds.
Her husband trusts her without reserve, 
and never has reason to regret it.
Never spiteful, she treats him generously 
all her life long.
She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, 
and enjoys knitting and sewing.
She's like a trading ship that sails to faraway places 
and brings back exotic surprises.
She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast 
for her family and organizing her day.
She looks over a field and buys it, 
then, with money she's put aside, plants a garden.
First thing in the morning, she dresses for work, 
rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started.
She senses the worth of her work, 
is in no hurry to call it quits for the day.
She's skilled in the crafts of home and hearth, 
diligent in homemaking.
She's quick to assist anyone in need, 
reaches out to help the poor.
She doesn't worry about her family when it snows; 
their winter clothes are all mended and ready to wear.
She makes her own clothing, 
and dresses in colorful linens and silks.
Her husband is greatly respected 
when he deliberates with the city fathers.
She designs gowns and sells them, 
brings the sweaters she knits to the dress shops.
Her clothes are well-made and elegant, 
and she always faces tomorrow with a smile.
When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say, 
and she always says it kindly.
She keeps an eye on everyone in her household, 
and keeps them all busy and productive.
Her children respect and bless her; 
her husband joins in with words of praise:
"Many women have done wonderful things, 
but you've outclassed them all!"
Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades. 
The woman to be admired and praised 
is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God (meaning one who honors God).
Give her everything she deserves! 
Festoon her life with praises!
(The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment